FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the FIBER UPGRADE PROGRAM?
In our vision to make a positive IMPACT on every single business, we are deploying an aggressive modernization program to upgrade all copper-based services to fiber so as to allow your business to experience a faster and more reliable platform, at no added cost.
2. What services will be part of this upgrade?
All existing lines serviced via a copper-based facility including, but may not be limited to: Direct lines, Trunklines, DSL broadband, and Shops.Work (VPN DSL).
3. Why are only selected premises eligible for this upgrade? What about the other locations?
The details sent by your Corporate Relationship Manager are the eligible sites covered by this phase of the upgrade activity. The entire process is done in phases, clustering areas until all sites are covered.
Rest assured that we will get in touch with you as soon as the rest of your business premises become eligible for the upgrade.
4.What do we need to do to prepare for this upgrade?
- Respond to the Fiber Upgrade Advisory sent by your Corporate Relationship Manager by indicating your preferred site contact person
- Plan ahead, as the upgrade activity may have a potential 2-3 hours of downtime (depending on the complexity of the service).
- In the event of a FREE change in equipment (i.e. new fiber modem/router) existing router configurations may be refreshed. Equipment or devices connected to the old modem/router need to be reconnected to the new fiber modem/router.
5.What if we are not ready to upgrade to fiber now, can we avail of it on a later date?
We highly urge our customers with services eligible for the upgrade to take advantage of this FREE upgrade now, to experience a better, more reliable connection.
6.Does the company need to pay for anything for the upgrade?
None. The Fiber Upgrade Program is free.
7.Will there be a change in the service package and billing?
None. This upgrade does not require nor entail a change in plan or billing.
8.Who will actually conduct the Fiber Upgrade Activity?
The PLDT migration team will be comprised of PLDT network operations personnel together with the below listed third-party contractors that we have engaged with for this Fiber Upgrade Program:
- GREENEARTH TELECOM SEVICES INCORPORATED
- PRO TEK TELECOMS SUPPORT INC.
- BITELECOMS SERVICES CORPORATION
- COGENTECH, INC.
- JRT TELECOM ENTERPRISE INC.
- AHD ADVANCE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM INC.
For further inquiries or clarifications, you may contact your assigned Corporate Relationship Manager.